Tathra Wharf Museum and Cafe
The Tathra Wharf is a favourite fishing spot for tourists and locals as it features deep water and spectacular scenery.
Built in the1860s by local farmers and the Illawarra Steamship Company, the wharf was used by coastal steamers to transport passengers, animals and dairy products to markets in Sydney. The wharf was in operation until the 1950's when road transport proved more viable. It is now one of the few remaining steamer wharves. A cafe and trading post now operate out of the restored wharf building. A small museum on coastal shipping is housed in the warehouse, open on Sunday afternoons or by appointment.